Hello and welcome to TinyTalk Huntingdonshire. My name is Claire and I am your local TinyTalk teacher and mum to Maxwell, my very own TinyTalker.
Maxwell and I began attending TinyTalk classes when he was only 2 months old and we both thoroughly enjoyed them from the beginning. We loved the structure of the classes, the introduction of signs through singing, as well as the interaction and social time we had with other parents, carers and babies.
We even made some lasting friendships with some of the other families we attended with, still meeting up to this day.
I am a strong supporter of signing with babies to aid their development and communication skills and really do feel that sign language can help to relieve some of the frustrations young children often feel when struggling to communicate before they can verbalise their thoughts or needs. As a family we had such a positive experience and really felt the benefits from attending TinyTalk classes. My husband and I still recall the first time Maxwell signed 'milk' and the relief and satisfaction on his face when he realised he had been understood. Maxwell is over 3 years old now and still uses sign language to communicate. Mostly the signs are accompanied by the words now, but it is incredible to see how much TinyTalk has helped our family to communicate and I wanted to join the TinyTalk family to be able to share those experiences with other families too.
The classes ~
Our classes are fun, interactive and designed to teach you and your baby how to communicate with each other before they can talk. Each class is an hour long and is split into 2 parts. The first half is dedicated to singing and signing and the second is for social time.
* we use British sign language (BSL) which is a recognised language in its own right
* we sign along to popular nursery rhymes and each week is focused on a particular theme. For example, about the family, or going to the farm
* we incorporate sensory activities each week to encourage hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills
* the activities range from using musical instruments, mirrors, bubbles, colourful scarves and many more
* we believe that the social time is a hugely important aspect of each class as it provides the opportunity to chat and share experiences with other parents and carers whilst enjoying a cuppa and a biscuit
You and your little one will learn new skills together in a fun environment.
I look forward to welcoming you to one of our classes very soon. If you would like to attend one of our classes or require any additional information, please do get in touch.
Children:Maxwell aged 3
Secret Passion:I am a (not so secret) Harry Potter fan
I love baby signing because:It allows you to communicate with your little one before they can talk and teaches them a valuable skill